Monday, July 11, 2011

25 Fat Quarters for 25 Years

At the end of June I celebrated a major anniversary - 25 years as a cancer survivor!  I wanted to do something fun & special to mark the day, so decided to go to my favorite Phoenix quilt shop and purchase one fat quarter of fabric for every year of survival. Twenty-five fat quarters = too much fun! When the appointed day arrived, reason and logic overcame my celebration spirit.  Realizing that at $2-$4 apiece my fat quarter extravaganza would take a fat chunk out of my wallet, I decided to think on it a day and come up with a more budget friendly way to celebrate life.

Flossie Featherweight with 25 Fat Quarters & 80 Hearts
What a nice surprise it was to open my email the next morning and find an offer from Keepsake Quilting - a lovely fabric shop in New Hampshire - for 25 fat quarters at $1 apiece!  It seems that they, too, were celebrating a 25 year anniversary and were offering customers 25 lovely chunks of premium quilting fabric for only $25.  The only downside was that they made the fabric choices. I thought about it for, oh, less than two minutes, then placed my order!  The package arrived Saturday; ALL the fabrics are gorgeous.  I also ordered a package of 80 die-cut heart shapes in 1930's vintage prints to sweeten my celebration.  All in all, a great deal and proof that "good things come to those who wait."  Happy 25th Anniversary to me and Keepsake Quilting!

3 comments:

MAKingsley said...

I am so thrilled for you to celebrate 25 years. The fat quarters are a great little bonus.

Anonymous said...

How wise you were to wait! My own favorite quilt shop is The Little Gift House in Solon Springs. They sell fat quarters for $2 on Thursdays. I've never seen such a great deal as you found! Happy Anniversary again.

Nancy Johnson said...

That was a little unexpected blessing, wasn't it?
I am so glad that you are a survivor!!