Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Tasty Thanksgiving

Where has the time gone? I meant to share Thanksgiving pictures!  We got distracted after Adele made her arrival. Now, I realize it's way past Thanksgiving because our sweet baby (born two days before T'day) has just turned three weeks old. We had some tasty food that day and everything turned out so pretty -- I had to take pictures of our dinner.

My kids think I'm funny because I photograph holiday and special occasion meals. Surely I'm not the only person who does this? I've seen more than one photo from my childhood of a holiday turkey being carved by my father.  Or pix of the family gathered around my Grandma's Easter buffet - complete with butter lamb!  So, that makes me a third generation food photographer (as opposed to someone who is so obsessed with food that they have to save pictures of it). 

But enough chatter.....Here's a sampling of our feast!  Grab a plate and help yourself.

Golden Roasted Turkey
Sweet Potato Checkerboard Casserole

Chili Cheese Corn for a Southwestern Flavor

Dinner's Ready! 
Cranberry Sauce and Pecan Pie
Green Bean Casserole is a traditional favorite.

Laura set a pretty table. 
Ryan likes turkey!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Mmmmmmm!!!

Nancy Johnson said...

I'm glad that I am not the only one who appreciates photos of food. I was thinking maybe I had a problem!
Your food looks yummy and beautiful!!